When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This A Counterfeit AS Bolt?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sure looks like it to me, but I'm no expert.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=291995267412

s-l1600.jpg

Could it be from the 1995 re-issues? The small dimple between the A S doesn't look right.

I don't have a reissue Phantom to check and see if it has an identical D bolt. This one was definitely made on a CNC or lath. The reissue Phantom rims have Schwinn Tubular S-2 stamped on them but they are not Tubular rims from what I've seen.

Can anyone with a 95 Phantom check and see if their D bolt is machined like this one?

The 45 on the bottom corners isn't correct either. If you need an original Gary I can drop one in the mail to you.

Actually some of the originals have a slight 45 angle on the corners. Here's two originals.
bolts.jpg

Thanks Tim. Seems the bolt in question has more of a chamfer on the corners than the originals. Your two examples appear to be slightly rounded, not cut on a 45.

I'd like to see the AS bolt on a 1995 phantom re-issue to compare to the one in your original post. They definitely have a machined look to them as Shawn said.

Last edited:
I have one of the 95's hardware packs and the one in it does not show any signs of machining or the dimple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back