When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Item not tested? or not working? tell the truth.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikermaniac

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It really makes me sick to my stomach when somebody says "untested" in the description of a bike part, specially an electrical part knowing that the part was tested and is not working.
Wouldn't it be better to be honest and say "tested and it didn't work for me"??
I know sometimes people does not have the correct battery or don't want to take the time to test something, but most of the time when I buy something "untested" it ends up been "not working".
Be honest and say it as it is, so buyer can know what he(she) is getting into.

Last edited:
I recently bought a speedo that said "untested because I don't have a cable". Well they didn't have a cable because they sold it in a previous ad. That'll learn me that untested means doesn't work.

Chad

Last edited:
The seller knows what works and what doesn't. If it works, it's worth more.
"Untested" is a cop out and 99% of these items don't work.
"Tested and not working" is being honest.
"Didn't have a battery to test" is a cop out AND a lie.
I've asked numerous ebay sellers that played the "untested" card to simply put a battery in the item to see if it works. Not once have they complied with my request, and in turn not once have I purchased their item.

This a great thread, everytime I see the word "untested" I alway think why the heck not and why wouldn't you want to find out! Try the stupid light and even show it working in the photo (I've seen a few recent phots of lits working). How hard could it be! I also agree, if it doesn't work it should be less money.... Prices have seemed to be going latley, we retain lyrics don'the need to "hope" it works. Just my 2 cents.....

Bart

I have sold items as "untested" many times,I was not trying to trick anyone . If I have a fragile electric item that may fry without being fully rebuilt to be safe I leave that chance to the new owner and clearly state it . Same goes for rear hubs that are not laced to a wheel,especially multi-speed . Pretty hard to tell exactly how a hub will perform without being driven by a chain under a load. I think "untested" is abused,but it has it's merits if not used to deceive . I think the "untested" trickery is about as annoying as all of the "barn find" crap stories.

Back