When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its war !!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wait, after sitting through that history class and the union meeting, I forgot. Which bikes are we supposed to hate?

It’s not so much any specific bike or brand.
Actually, I hate those that refer to all old bikes as a "Peewee Herman”.

And the more I think about it,
it’s more of a pity.
I kinda feel sorry for them,
they don’t know what they’re missing. :cool:

you know what's frustrating? that no matter how many times you try to explain something people just ignore you and make up what they think you're saying.
for me, and I'm kinda the one who started it, it's not about bikes at all, it's about people.
let's go through it once more, but without the bikes.
someone asked for a subforum to one of the slowest forums on the cabe. this made me scratch my head, why would you need a new sub forum for a very slow section? but then I notice what brand they are asking for, and I notice that their is a already a subsection for that brand in the other, more busy section. so I begin to wonder, why would collectors of one brand want their stuff segregated from the rest of us? do they really despise the other brands so much that they want to make sure they can filter the rest of us out?
none of this has anything to do with the merits or demerits of any bike at all, it has to do with people.
so, let's be fair about it. we should have subsections for every specific brand, or no brand specific subsections at all.
that's my opinion, there is no winning or losing, to say that was just childish, I never tried to stop that section, I just posed the question as to whether it was necessary at all. if I wanted I could call people and complain and throw a fit and petition, but that would be just as childish as wanting a brand specific subforum for my brand.
keep your subforum, I really don't care, but ask yourself why you can't just join the rest of the hobby.

How about a forum for camelback Schwinn Speedsters? Them's the only schwinns I like.

2015-03-18 17.35.28.jpg

2014-06-10 11.13.15-1.jpg

Can we have a sub forum for the Break Room for members that dont want to be associated with other members who use the Break room????

Just for the record, I don't despise or have any disdain for any brand of bicycles or the people who collect them. I started my bicycle hobby alone in my garage over ten years ago at 19 years old. That's when I joined everyone who has a love for vintage bicycles. I didn't know then, but once in joined the vintage bicycle community a few years later, I learned being a Schwinn collector gets you marked with a certain stigma the vintage bicycle community has placed upon you, and I accept it, play along, and joke, and kid, but still don't understand its generalization, as it truly does not apply to the way I feel about the bikes, people, or the hobby in general. The good thing about that is I know I will never understand everything and have no desire to. That would take to much time away from working on my bikes. To each his own.

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!! People think Schwinn collectors are elitist because some of their bikes have special size wheels that take special size tires!! That was simple !

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!! People think Schwinn collectors are elitist because some of their bikes have special size wheels that take special size tires!! That was simple !
Well i think its different than that. If there is ever a discussion about a Schwinn for sale, there will be comments like, the pedals are wrong, thats not the right seat, but if its a CWC bike or a huffman, people dont say those things.

I think thats why they think Schwinn collectors are haughty.

Uh the Huffman has principle over Schwinn is a crock ,,
Schwinn was broke and unprofitable when they gave in,,
Huffy was profitable and solvent,
then Walmart gave them a kind of ultimatim ..
produce in China or else
they folded and took their profitable production out of the USA to China.

Back