When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been cat burgled.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kstone

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sigh. So I've been taking apart my bike and my fluffy roommate thought he would help me. I come out of my room one morning to see his paw in the Tupperware container that has all of my screws in it. Of course the bugger managed to steal and lose one of the two most important screws, which hold my tank together. Not the ones I can easily replace. No. That wouldn't be entertaining. I've searched high and low around my house. I'm coming to accept that it's permanently vacationing under my oven or fridge or he ate it and it's long been pooper scoopered. (Yes, seems unreasonable a cat could eat it and then live to tell the tale without me knowing. But he's been an unreasonable cat his whole life).

I've brought the screw it screws into to a few sketchy hardware stores who seem to have an answer for everything, hoping I could find some sort of a match. No luck. And I'm assuming I'm out of luck on here too, but I figured I'd ask before I move everything I own out of my apartment and start from scratch scowering the area for it.

Anyways, thoughts? Suggestions? Prayers?

Oh yeah, and I'll throw in the Hershey's bar for help ;]

IMG_20170208_112833622.jpg

IMG_20170208_113033662.jpg

IMG_20170208_112929880.jpg

The culprit
IMG_20170118_240317114.jpg

57 Roadmaster tank
It's the back screw where the rack attaches to the tank.

Guess I lost that part of my post in the Draft
IMG_20170105_141240223.jpg

Look for "binding posts", "sex bolts", or "Chicago screws". They're not exactly the same thing, but they'll be cross-referenced in a search. Getting that exact head might be difficult as they're most likely to be slotted/philips combo (only something that would be noticed by the most insufferable of nerds), but you should be able to find oval head.

Sigh. So I've been taking apart my bike and my fluffy roommate thought he would help me. I come out of my room one morning to see his paw in the Tupperware container that has all of my screws in it. Of course the bugger managed to steal and lose one of the two most important screws, which hold my tank together. Not the ones I can easily replace. No. That wouldn't be entertaining. I've searched high and low around my house. I'm coming to accept that it's permanently vacationing under my oven or fridge or he ate it and it's long been pooper scoopered. (Yes, seems unreasonable a cat could eat it and then live to tell the tale without me knowing. But he's been an unreasonable cat his whole life).

I've brought the screw it screws into to a few sketchy hardware stores who seem to have an answer for everything, hoping I could find some sort of a match. No luck. And I'm assuming I'm out of luck on here too, but I figured I'd ask before I move everything I own out of my apartment and start from scratch scowering the area for it.

Anyways, thoughts? Suggestions? Prayers?

Oh yeah, and I'll throw in the Hershey's bar for help ;]

View attachment 420036

View attachment 420037

View attachment 420038

The culprit
View attachment 420039
In my 23 years living, this is a bike story that seriously makes me laugh!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back