When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Iver Johnson did make a few models with the exact type of box pinstriping as shown on your bike kstarkusa. Both the "Superior Truss Roadster" (shown below) and the "Heavy Service or Delivery" models had that treatment. Therefore, it would not have been an issue for them to do a little customizing for a customers special request. The more I learn about the Iver Johnson company the more I begin to understand that they would do just about anything a customer wanted for a price. This pic of a Superior Truss shows the box pinstriping, very much like yours kstarkusa, decently preserved if you look closely. Pete in Fitchburg

black iver.jpg

Thanks for the info handyman, seem like only the earlier Iver had some box pin stripping, that picture you posted is a very nice Iver as well

"It's a clean machine"-The Beatles ("Penny Lane".
A stunner to be sure, Don, and I've seen this up close. Wonder if Joe is regretting yet?

Congrats and good looking ride! I have also never seen that paint scheme! This roadster was offered for a few yrs and the 1938 model was blue/white. One of those head scratchers for sure! Attached is the 38 catalogue(blue), 39 (red/creme) and my iver.

View attachment 442584

View attachment 442585

View attachment 442586

I remember the day Joe got it as well! I was green with envy! Then sold to William, traded to Amanda and finally in MY possession 5 years later! No regerts for sure! Ha!

Last edited:
I like to think of them as old ex-girlfriends. They all had great qualities but sometimes they just have to go, and maybe one day Ill find a true keeper

Back