When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got a sears '' The rail ''

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STRAIGHT UP

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got this Sears "The Rail" 5 speed, missing top part of the shifter, don't know if this seat is original, haven't seen a seat like this on any of "The Rail" bikes, everthing els seem to be there and original, been looking for this bike, now I have "The wheel" and "The rail", Anyone know what year this bike is?, #'s are 7h324771 or the value of this bike? Thank

Picture 3447.jpg

Picture 3432.jpg

Picture 3448.jpg

Picture 3407.jpg

Picture 3404.jpg

Picture 3406.jpg

Picture 3497.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this Sears "The Rail" 5 speed, missing top part of the shifter, don't know if this seat is original, haven't seen a seat like this on any of "The Rail" bikes, everthing els seem to be there and original, been looking for this bike, now I have "The wheel" and "The rail", Anyone know what year this bike is?, #'s are 7h324771 or the value of this bike? Thank

Yes that seat is original to that bike. The Sears badged bikes had some unique parts. and your bike is a 1967 acording to your serial #s.

I have the same bike, I had to change the seat. I am not so sure that is original seat, but maybe the other guy is right. Mine came with a purple Persons seat that was destroyed I still have the pan. Everything on mine was original when I found it at a garage sale last summer for 10 bucks. I believe the bike is worth about 200 bucks. I wish you could do me a favour and look at how the cable is hooked up to the stick shift. I cant figure out how to do it since mine did not have the cable. I have a feeling there is some little piece missing. I had to change the pedals cause they were also destroyed. The originals are really kewl they have a red stripe as does the original tires. The original tires on mine are in very good shape about 90% left.

thanks howie

Attachments

• The Rail 002.jpg
    The Rail 002.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 379
  • The Rail 001.jpg
    The Rail 001.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 938
I dont believe yours has the right seat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. azhearseguy and how, how I'll try to get those pic. soon God willing, THANKS AGAIN

Funny mine had a different purple seat on it, but it was all ripped up. But you see that seat on the other bike in the ad, i bought a girls huffy for 5 bucks just to get that exact seat and had no Idea it came on some of them. That White and purple seat in the ad is the exact one I put on mine.

Depending on the year & month the bike was built, they used different seats & parts. here is a ad showing the purple seat also, this one is an earlier ad i think.Notice the funky looking goose neck on the bars!.
1966_SearsCatalog-1.jpg

Back