When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked up this Ace badged Schwinn last night

-
Other half of this deal I picked up.. Had some old blackwalls so I switched to the obvious. Into the (never ending it seems) collection she goes.
20161220_120204.jpg

...and pedals. I'd say $500 would be top of the market on this one. The reason I asked about the serial number is I see people do this on bikes and it just makes no sense to me. It isn't like this is the VIN on a car or anything. You can also go on Ebay and search the "sold" on Schwinn DX and see if you get any comps. V/r Shawn

Shawn the only thing I'm seeing is bare frame only, no forks or guard, sold for $360 plus shipping recently, and this frame is in much, much nicer condition. With that being said I don't part out mens bikes so this will be staying together. I also agree on the SN thing, but if I'd have posted the full number somebody would be stating that I'm a fool for doing that so it's a no win.

Last edited:
Shawn the only thing I'm seeing is bare frame only, no forks or guard, sold for $360 plus shipping recently, and this frame is in much, much nicer condition. With that being said I don't part out mens bikes so this will be staying together. I also agree on the SN thing, but if I'd have posted the full number somebody would be stating that I'm a fool for doing that so it's a no win.

I would say $360 for a bare DX frame is something of an anomaly. I'd be hard pressed to give that for a prewar canti frame. Not sure why someone would call you a fool for posting the entire serial. Many of us either post or show pics of the serial all the time. It isn't like someone can trace back to your address off of a serial#. I'm glad you aren't parting the bike and hope you get top dollar. I was just posting my observations which of course are just that. V/r Shawn

Bought my '39 frame /fork/truss set for under $300 to my door.
39 DX ~.jpg

I'd love to have gotten a complete bike, but this was what he had, and I'm pretty happy with it!
REC

The '39 has a new owner and will be staying in the Sunshine State. Thank you all very much for your input.

SUPER NICE DX , I REALLY DIG THE REVERSE COLOR FENDERS...I HAVE A BLUE 39 WITH THE SAME PAINT SCHEME...LUCKY GUY THAT GETS THIS ONE

Back