When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 80's Cannondale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picking this up for $100 this week and was wondering if I'm getting a good deal or no? Seller doesn't know the exact model, but it does have Shimano Biopace chain rings, 7speed Suntour accushift plus shifters, Suntour X-1 derailleurs and araya HE VP-20 rims. Any thoughts?

cannondale_zps00e64749-1.jpg

look closely for cracks. That is standard operating procedure for ALL aluminum frames and forks. Look closest at the chainstay/BB junction and the seatstay/seat tube junction and at the chainstay bridge/seatstay bridge. Also look at the down tube by the head tube. Cannondales are known for selling better than average frames with lesser than average parts at any particular price point. Trek on the other hand are known to sell lesser quality frames with better parts for a given price point. Top of the line is top of the line in both cases.

Not sure what your intended use of the bike is, but for casual riding, it would be great, but for serious offroad riding, my opinion would be to shy away from aluminum frame and forks that are more than 10-15 yrs old. If I was looking for a cool older MTB, I would pay $100 for that bike. The frame looks kinda small like a 15" frame. Average is 16.5-17"

Was looking for more of a rail trail bike. I have a Fuji sx600 but I feel that a lot of my pedaling energy gets absorbed by the front shock especially when standing pedaling uphill on the bike. Plus I wanted to see how the biopace chain rings would do.

In my opinion, the biopace rings are not good. I road with them and they made me more tired than round rings, also you will not have a smooth pedal stroke compaired to round rings. There is a reason that oval rings never caught on, and it is not manufacturing reasons. Round just works.

For bike paths and rail trails, that Cannondale would be fantastic. If you get tha bike, try the biopace and if you dont like it you should be able to put your existing cranks on it or find some decent used chainrings.

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THIS YEARS TOUR DE FRANCE "SKY team," MAYBE OTHERS, ARE using AN "osymetric" chainring - not oval - not round - SEEMS TO BEI PRETTY SUCCESSFUL OR THEY WOULDN'T BE USING THEM.

Your probably talking about the rotor system. I dont see it lasting.

Your probably talking about the rotor system. I dont see it lasting.

IT'S NOT THE "ROTOR CRANKS U.S.A." SYSTEM, THE GIRL DESCRIBES THEIR CHAINRING AS "OVAL" ON THEIR VIDEO. THE" "OSYMETRIC U.S.A." IS WHAT CHRIS FROOME USES ON THIS YEARS "TOUR" - I DON'T KNOW IF HE USES THIS CHAINRING MADE BY "OSYIMETRIC U.S.A. ON THE "TIME TRIALS." IT'S EARLY - BUT HE'S RIDING "YELLOW" SO FAR.

DSCN4141_zps863fc6f3.gif

Last edited:
That is quite similar to the biopace by shimano. It and all the non round sprockets work good on paper, snd some work better than others, but they never last. The minority of riders like non round sprockets, but the majority dont. A handful of top athletes winning a race does not automatically mean a product is good, because if it were that good, then 75% of all rider in major races would be using them and nearly every bicycle over $500 price point would have them within 5 years.

That racer you cited could probably win those stages with a pie plate and hand cut teeth.

I do understand the concept behind non round sprockets or chainrings (that one triangle one excluded), and how tantalizing it is when going over the numbers on paper, the end result in practice is some people can work with the varying crank speeds, most people end up with cadence issues.

I sure do like looking at non round sprockets. Lots of thought go into them.

We'll have to see if this chainring design/s catch on with the other riders. Who knows ?

Back