When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's talk about HVLP mini spray guns

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
From the reading I've done, the government made the switch on sprayers because environmentally an HVLP whiny put as much toxicity into the air from overspray, etc....

Paint technology, although being refined and increasing in quality over the years, hasn't really changed much. You can still by enamel, single stages, and bc/clear systems.

Of course, Ithis is only things I've read, surely there are experienced peeps of there who could shed some more light on the differences.

There was never an issue with the enamel paint, only lacquer. As far as the siphon cup guns go, they are still for sale all over this state.

There was never an issue with the enamel paint, only lacquer. As far as the siphon cup guns go, they are still for sale all over this state.

Move to the communist state of CA and you will only be able to get Acrylic Urethane.

Well, since we're on the subject, can anybody explain the differences in paint to me? I suppose the mossy important question is which is the strongest, longest lazing?

Well, since we're on the subject, can anybody explain the differences in paint to me? I suppose the mossy important question is which is the strongest, longest lazing?

That's a loaded question and you'll probably get ten different answers. I live in the Valley of the Sun and nothing lasts here if it's left outside. Acrylic enamel metallic fades in two years, Base/clear lasts 8-10 years "maybe" with a factory paint job then the clear coat is flying off as you're going down the road. I've seen repaints with the new urethane paint products last a whopping three years and then a total repaint is needed again. Years ago I painted my 67 Chevelle's lower body Marina Blue with acrylic enamel. I painted the roof a light blue solid with acrylic lacquer. In three years the body was faded to Elkhart Blue (silver), the paint was faded and dead and I could not bring the color or the paint back. The roof still looked new and it still looked good years later when I dumped the car.
After I hit the rear bumper on another Chevy truck I started to fix the damage on my truck. The original color was babypoop yellow with white and I hated that color. I decided to do a total make over and repainted it the 77 only GMC colors. The interior was shot with lacquer and the exterior in acrylic enamel. That paint was tough as nails and it still looked really good after ten years of neglect and being outside 100% of the time. The lacquer and enamel metallic paints do not last here but the solid colors definitely do not take the beating like the metallic colors. The new paints in my opinion are soft, at least the clear, and the clear cannot take the sun but it sure looks damn nice when it's fresh, or before it gets it's first sunburn.

Attachments

• Resurrection Dec 1979.jpg
    Resurrection Dec 1979.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Rides of the past_0003.jpg
    Rides of the past_0003.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 134
redline1968

Hey Redline1968
Don't call me a fool ever!. I will post my comments and opinions anytime and anywhere I want. Who the hell made you boss? Unlike you, I have never once been rude to anyone on this or any forum.
So, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, then just shut the hell up!

Last edited:
+1 to that.

There's really no point in any name calling or anything like that. It's supposed to be a learning experience for me, and I'm here to soak up the positive information I can garner, and people's different perspectives on everything. I'm sure once I've assimilated and tried a lot of things, I will have found something that works for me, and produces the finest paint jobs I'm capable of doing. And the only way I think that's going to happen is if I talk to as many painters as I can.

So let's keep it civil, and just stick to the facts. I'm sure I'm not the only one reading and learning from this post.

Hey Wayne don't threaten me and call me names on the private messages . Try to make me look like the instigator ..wrong...That doesn't look like it to me. Giving up to date and quality info is more important to me for a good start to help others not to insult or bruise feelings. It's too bad your private messages don't reflect the comment posted on here.

Last edited:
Hey Redline1968
Don't call me a fool ever!. I will post my comments and opinions anytime and anywhere I want. Who the hell made you boss? Unlike you, I have never once been rude to anyone on this or any forum.
So, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, then just shut the hell up!

He put a wink symbol (;0) after the word "fool" in his post to show he was joking. Man people on the cabe are uptight.

Back