When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Like To Build This

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I always count the spokes to figure out if a bike is a 24 inch. Only 1 chainring. I would go with a stik shift. Sharp bike.

Nice bike! I like the idea of using a camelback Speedster frame to build a Manta Ray style rider.

I'd like to build a bike similar to this one , what years and models used the curved top bar

View attachment 350155
These are a lot of fun, and that is indeed a 24" wheeled bike.
I took a 75 Speedster and changed it around a bit back in late 2005, and the attached are the beginning and the end result. It felt funny to me as I was used to big heavy bikes and I let it go (STUPID MOVE!) to a newsgroup member from another site. Don't know if he still has it, but it went to Alabama in a box. It was VERY nice to begin with and the parts used on it were equally as nice.
my speedster.jpg

75 Frankenbike Speedsteray.JPG

This was a near NOS bike - very few tiny marks on it here and there. Oh, well....
I've gotten past the funny feeling of a smaller bike, and now laugh as I ride one of them around - thinking to myself it looks pretty strange to see a 60 year old fat guy on the bike!

Good luck with your project!
REC

Last edited:
That turned out great! Could I use 26" rims on a speedster frame? i was thinking S-7's with a 2 speed kickback hub to build a coaster brake style.

I think S-7s will work on the frame you mention. There is nothing I can see that would make that impossible... though fenders could be a concern with the wider wheel/tire combination. The wheels will need to be VERY true! It would certainly be worth a shot.
REC

I have two Speedster camelback frames, both measure 17 1/2" center of crank to top of seat tube. I'm thinking these are 26". I'm going to try and mock up the S-7's tomorrow.

image.jpg
Just picked up a 5 speed sky blue collegiate with the same frame for $60 might be fun to do this and see who would buy in NY bet I get a hipster hooked!

Back