When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Tankers! How many are there??

-
Something to remember- there are lots of brands say sams co/rollfast elgin/mercury----- but only a few manufacturers ie dp harris,shelby, huffman etc

Last edited:
Something to remember- there are lots of brands say sams co/rollfast elgin/mercury----- but only a few manufacturers ie dp harris,shelby, huffman etc

I think D.P. Harris is a distributer of Snyder built bikes...or at least the same mfgr that is called both by us bike folk....
IMG_8449.jpg

This bike originally came with a Big tank. The tank on it is from the 50's
Snyder, Huffman, Murray, Westfield and Shelby Big Tank Mfgrs....That I know of...still learning....

Last edited:
Even though the original post specifically asked for bikes with tanks that stretched past the seat tube.
Some extended tank models only stretched past the head tube.
The Schwinn Aerocycle being one of them and the first of it's kind and the trendsetter that kicked off the styling wars that followed.
72fa93f0758ac737e417fd8a094493ed-1.jpg
b0001664b6136893edc78aab43e81613-1.jpg
1934 Schwinn Aerocycle 1941 Colson Firestone Cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who are the manufacturers?

Hi all,

GREAT START!!! There are more out there than I thought!

That was another question I had.

How many of the long tanks are actually “the same bike” as in manufactured by the same company, but with a different badge on it.
Snyder = Sam Sco, Rollfast….. any others?

Murray = Elgin 5 Bar, Firestone pilot, and the 37 Mercury (as in this post) any others here?

Keep them coming guys, really cool!

any hardware store or bike shop tire store department store etc could have custom badges made so the possibilities are endless -one reason badge collecting is a fun sport!

Here is a 46 stamped fork Huffman that I rebuilt and added this tank. Was advised that this was the correct tank for the frame (so I bought it and added it).
This is a Western Flyer badged Huffman. No idea what model name though.
This is my only example of a "Long Tank"....and wished I had more [emoji102]

1d1955b5bc9d0237f73ce0b66d6e9a8c-1.jpg

f99b9cc51719f270971dd99bbc784b04-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Back