When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Tankers! How many are there??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I know the tank is wrong but.............

I Love the 41 Peerless! Great tank and probably my favorite springer arrangement too (but that's another topic!)

This is my attempt at the Rollfast/Peerless/SamsCo look. Tank is obviously incorrect (& is actually changed to the correct one now), but it was a cool trial.

Guess I had better find the right frame for the tank in future!! - Well that's exciting!

Attachments

• Wrong tank.JPG
    Wrong tank.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 205
Not a big fan of the '41 rollfast models as the tank crowds the headtube and badge...either go around the headtube all the way or hang back.
Tanks that extended past the seat tube are pretty evenly split... Murray, Shelby, Huffman, HP Snyder YES...Schwinn, Iver, CWC, Colson NO
Not including Silver Kings of course, but they made same fantastic frames that don't need 'em.
Chris

I get that, still pretty appealing to me!

The 37 Murray on page 1 of this thread, really nice also, early Murray Long Tanks........ VERY NICE!!

Hi all,

I thought id reboot this thread as I have reached a bit of a (personal) milestone. This is my hundredth posting (or message). Yeah its small change compared to some of you, but this is really the ONLY forum I am a part of, and the fact that i've been continually logging in for well over a year shows that its a winning website/forum in my books. Thanks CABE.

Anyway, since I started this thread in July 2015 I have been lucky enough to take ownership of a few "long tankers" myself. And to celebrate both the 100th posting and my celebration of the acquired long tank ballooners i thought i'd share it with everyone. Now, they aint perfect - they all need more adjustments, repairs and alterations. But they are all fully "rideable" and I enjoy taking them for a ride whenever I can!

Thanks to everyone that has sold me parts, given me info and replied to my threads. Your a great bunch and I hope to have many more conversations, purchases and dealings with more of you in the future.

Thanks. MrA

Long Tanks 1.JPG
Long Tanks 2.JPG
Long tanks 3.JPG

Hey my brother from down under. Congrats on post number 100 and I'm glad you still have the blue beast. My black and yellow one will be heading over to a friends house soon. It's still mine for the time being so I'll post my longtanks that are in my current collection.

Here are the ones that are long in the back

full?d=1456384145.jpg
full?lightbox=1&update=1474173074.jpg

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1453332485.jpg

Here are the long in the front
full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1453332513.jpg

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1471206051.jpg

Back