When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For Decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wf_teaff

On Training Wheels
i have an old bicycle built for two- not sure but I think it's 1958 or 1959. I am looking for decals for it. Pictures here are not a real good quality but it's the best I can get. It doesn't say "Schwinn Twin" on the bicycle guard it says Schwinn Bicycle Built For Two. If no one has decals then I am looking for pictures of all the markings so that I can possibly get someone to paint them on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Bicycle Built For Two was only offered in 1963 and 64. Anything earlier than a 63 model would have been a T&C. The cranks should have a cast in date which may help in verifying the year. I remember seeing a guard decal for this years ago but locating one today is going to be difficult.

What GT said, and, that fork, is that gold? It's not a decal but painted, however, pretty sure you'll find that and the Schwinn top bar decals at Epay, and I wonder if the seat post would have had gold decals too. There's a guy at e-pay who's got some thin, lightweight gold seat post decals, with the graphic design that's on Schwinn's corvettes jaguars and specials, but smaller perhaps for a lightweight, they were not painted originally, he doesn't know where from and niter do I but, yours looks as if, they'll match for that fork. as restoration projects, not to many people will because it's cumbersome to keep around. so, that chain guard will be a toughie, yet, I'd watch epay for an original complete chain gaurd because, less popularity means good prices on used replacements.

Looking at your photos, it appears yours is a '63 or 4 (noted your posting of the serial number, it is a '64) . It looks to have a "boy's/girl's" configuration the rear position is a step through, the front is not. I have the same frame here, as well as the other - early '64 prior to the renaming as Twinn - version, both equipped with the same chainguard as you have. Decals for these are pretty hard to come by - the later "Twinn" one is available pretty readily. I helped a guy out a few years ago and provided him the dimensions and such, and he duplicated the chainguard decal as a vinyl stick on. I actually got one from him for the help. The fork and other decals are pretty available too - Memory Lane has them, as does Bicyclebones on fleapay. I have one of mine up and rideable (not a restoration in any sense of the word) the other is still hanging on the "Wall of Wait" as I had a lot of other stuff that came up in between. the pictures below are the rider and the trellis. Yeah, trellis. It was planted in the sellers back yard.
'63:
63 T10 Bicycle Built For Two ~.jpg

'64:
64 T11 Bicycle Built For Two.jpg

One day maybe I'll get the fenders on it... No rush, It's been this way for a long time!

Good luck on yours! Keep posting your progress.
REC

L I have the same frame here, as well as the other - early '64 prior to the renaming as Twinn - version, both equipped with the same chainguard as you have. Decals for these are pretty hard to come by - the later "Twinn" one is available pretty readily. I helped a guy out a few years ago and provided him the dimensions and such, and he duplicated the chainguard decal as a vinyl stick on. I actually got one from him for the help.
REC

That's a little confusing, not that it matters to me except to help this treads direction, did ya get a twin decal/sticker, town and country or "Bicycle Built for Two" because that would mean, the OP might have a chance at one.

Like this:

bc43631542d786b16e34c7fb42a63063.jpg
19531-8a23f56d0b3701be2ce28b78d68ed446.jpg

Sorry you were confused. Please note the two frames (bikes shown) I have are both originally marled marked as "Bicycle Built For Two" - I helped a guy out by providing the dimensions for the lettering in detail, and in return, I got one from him for my time. They were as close to the original as I've seen other than the end stripes. I do NOT know of anywhere that you can find the original BBFT decal, and mentioned the later TWINN decal is available from a couple of sources.

I notice that the red one in Jeff's photo appears to have a sticker made from vinyl as well, as the stripes do not taper as did the originals. The blue one is too small to make that out.

thanks,
REC

I notice that the red one in Jeff's photo appears to have a sticker made from vinyl as well, as the stripes do not taper as did the originals. The blue one is too small to make that out.

thanks,
REC

There's a good point then. and if I'm understanding you correctly, those horizontal lines , which, incidentally, I don't think I've seen Schwinn's lines, following or preceding the names, that did not do this, should narrow into a point, 'Schwinn darts'

I'd blew up that blue one before posting it, and although tough to make out, I did notice darts, but didn't put it together until your comment. Luck of the draw to have searched and hit it with both, poorly reproduced and presumably original. ;)

Last edited:
Back