When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to sell or trade...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spook1s

Finally riding a big boys bike
tricycles001Medium-1.jpg

I'm cleaning up around my place and would like to sell these or trade?

Colson, Steelcraft, Murray?, and a few that I have no idea.

I don't know anything about these tricycles. year, model, etc...

I can send pics of specific ones along w/ descriptions to the best of my ability.

email at [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

I've done a bit of research on the trikes pictured. I've found out that the 1st one on the left, is a Hettrick American probably of 1940's vintage.The Hettrick has it's original rear wheel hubcaps and a Troxel saddle. The only thing I see missing are the grips.

The second one from left. Red, white, and blue is a Colson which I believe to be from the 40's as well is missing one pedal and both grips.

The 3rd trike from left in the back row... red Murray manufactured Steelcraft. I believe this trike is from the 20's possibly earlier. It is missing grips, seat, and a pedal.

Fourth in the back is a vintage similar to the Steelcraft 1920's maybe earlier. I don't know the make or model. There are no distinguishable markings. It has both pedals and a seat. Missing both rear wheels. Maybe Gendron, Colson?

Clockwise coming to the front of the picture on the right, I believe a 1950's basic trike by Murray. Maybe Mercury?? IF such a thing exists? Complete except for grips and rubber. The trike beside it looks to be an exact copy missing wheels, bars, fender,etc...

The small pile of parts in the very front of the picture is unknown to me. Basically just a solid frame. Maybe another 50's Murray? It has Clipper Puncture Proof tires and some interesting rims that have more spokes than normal? There is one dome shaped metal hubcap.

I will post more pics in the future w/ measurement info.

Again, If anyone is interested you can contact me at [email protected]

I think there's a good chance (95%+) the one on the left front with frame, rear wheels, and front wheel/pedal assembly is a Siebert. Check the remaining rear hubcap closely because many Siebert models had the name stamped in the cap. The other clue to it's being a Siebert is the larger spoke count per wheel you mentioned. That was a distinguishing feature with almost every Siebert I've seen for sale.

Good job ID-ing all the other trikes!

Dave

Last edited:
Looked at cap and couldn't see ANY markings. I can't make out any identifiable markings on that one except the Clipper "Puncture Proof" tires.

hi. i am only a beginner of this site. i just try the cabe and i want to know more about this site. nice to meet you all :)

I'll be taking these to a show/swap March 5th in Akron, Ohio... Save on shipping!

I would trade ALL of them for one decent 30's-40's 26" balloon tire boys tanker project... Shipping is what kills the deal all the time. If you plan on coming to Akron on the 5th keep that in mind.

Back