When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker Frame Question

-

What do you have?

• Total voters
Looking for some help figuring out frame differences In the 1939-41 Mercury Pacemaker line. I have quite a few, but one frame stands out different than the rest. Five of my frames have the black frame style, clamp over the seat post tube but the red frame has the clamp built into the frame. Any ideas why the difference? Early production or late? Not a Mercury, but a Western Flyer/Hiawatha store branded version of the bike?
Thank you,
Chris
img_1875-jpg.jpg

img_1876-jpg.jpg

I quest maroon doesn't count

Yes but no vote on this site

Hi. Not sure what your referring to as far as maroon color. My serial number?

I believe "kreika" is using his Red & Black Pacemakers as reference to frame differences, not that there aren't other colors the Pacemakers were offered in;)

The bikes with the aluminum fenders and chrome tank/rack/guard were only offered in maroon or black. You are right the bikes with the painted pieces were offered in a number of color combinations. V/r Shawn

Back