When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Five Bar Four Bar Superframe 5 Bar 4 bar Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike! The stems can be a little hard to find but the two position bars are nearly impossible. I currently have three of these in various stages of restoration and all three will be different models. I also have an original paint bike as well. V/r Shawn

Monograph

I am in between semesters so I'm making a serious effort on the monograph I've been working on for the Five/Four Bars. I have already asked a couple of people for some additional photos--it will be pic heavy. I'm approaching this by breaking the bike down by component and explaining what parts/configurations are known to be used. If anyone has original paint bikes (boys or girls) I would be interested in overall pics as well as component pics such as seats/stems/racks/lights/etc... . This is only for the Monark built bikes and I'm excluding the tankless Monark boys Five Bar (most girls didn't have tanks). You can send images to [email protected]. I will acknowledge all contributions that I use. I plan on asking Scott to post as an article on this site and will probably ask Dave S. to post on his site as well for the benefit of all. Thanks, Shawn

SK prominence.jpg
SK side by side.jpg
SK stand.jpg

My email bounced back as maybe the files were too large, resending without out the pics attached here.
Chris

!

I have a 1938 monark made Elgin that has that rack and the only other one I have seen buzz bomb bicycles has in their collection and it has the same rack. So I don't know about monark badged bikes but my 38' has that rack .

Shawn, your comment sounds like you're trying ostracize (i know you're not). Instead why not share with Kingfish and others the differences between the bikes?

Sorry didn't mean to be snippy. Please see post 4 of this thread where Phil points out the differences. In post 5 I'm trying to maintain this thread as strictly for the Monark/Airman Five Bars. V/r Shawn

Five Bar Monograph

Ok folks I finally finished my Five Bar monograph. I would like to thank all those that originally contributed to this thread as I incorporated most of the info into the paper. I noticed that I missed an acknowledgement in the paper and that is for the pics of the Wingbar butterfly stand provided by Chris (scrubbinrims). I also need to thank my girlfriend Heidi for helping me with a proofread and edit. Lastly I would like to thank Scott M. (CABE owner) and Dave Stromberger (site admin) for posting the article. The article is located on the home page http://thecabe.com/monark-five-bar/ I hope this leads to others sharing their knowledge on other models of interest. V/r Shawn

Back