When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More info on this Belknap ladies bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Earlier fordmike65 mentioned he thought this might be a Snyder made Belknap.

Based on that lead and lots of great information posted elsewhere by RMS37, I am now thinking this bike was made by H.P. Snyder due to having a curved upper rear fender bridge and a triple plate fork. The Morrow coaster hub date codes as the 3rd quarter of 1937.

Is there documentation that Snyder built bikes for Belknap Hardware? Any other confirmation about the ID would be greatly appreciated.

Restoration would only ruin this bike anyhow, and so would parting it out. In no way is this bike too far gone!!! WD40, rag, 0000 steel wool, wax, lube, and that bike will be BEAUTIFUL! If they decide to go this route, remind them that they need to be extra cautious around the pinstriping.
Hate to disagree with Shawn, but Oxalic on painted parts could easily fade the red paint. Great on chrome parts though.

I guess I should have put the industry standard disclaimer: "test this product on an inconspicuous area first"! I've also seen it wash out other colors. V/r Shawn

This is what I was referring to.
20170524_084600.jpg

I guess I should have put the industry standard disclaimer: "test this product on an inconspicuous area first"! I've also seen it wash out other colors. V/r Shawn

I understand about trying to revive and keep the original finish but the paint is too far gone plus it was "paint brushed" a long time ago in several places and has rattle can overspray in others. I appreciate all of the advice just the same.

The owner wants it repainted so it is going to be restored with a new (but slightly aged/faded look) wet paint job that will match the original scheme and colors. I am reusing as many parts as practical from the original bike with some upgraded correct replacement parts.

The painter is a pro in the Ohio area that has been doing this type of specialty bicycle work for 30+ years. A few of the parts have been sent out to be rechromed and some regalvinized - the saddle has been shipped to Caber bobcycles to be restored.

CABE has been a great resource for information on this restore - it is the earliest bike I have worked with like this, and the first repaint since I got out of the bike business in the late 1980s.

Hoping to have the bike back in shop by the end of July and I will post a restoration album here when I get her rebuilt.

Back