When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most desireable middle weight bike

-
This is my favorite! 61 Fire Bolt, I do not post here often but hey this stuff is in my price range.

IMG_0873.jpg

Nice Paul

Good to see the old girl in a new home. I am digging out the spares and will be posting Schwinn Middleweight parts for sale soon. The kickback was my favorite bike. I also have a CD of the Schwinn dealer service manuals that shows how to rebuild the beasts. The best add to the bike would be a caliper front brake. The only thing I did not like about the 2 speed.

Here is a partial list of MW items
Indexing springs
1 set red Westwinds used but sweet.
1 also nearly new S reflector

1 NOS Bendix lever 2 speed hand shift and cables
I paid a pretty good price for these when collecting in the Midwest.

I am down to 3 bikes
3 motorcycles
3 cars
Can only ride one at a time

I only have one middle weight in my collection--1959 Schwinn white Corvette. This is the only year the Corvette was offered in white. I need the correct seat for this bike if anyone has one. The other white Corvette is my '88 Callaway Twin Turbo. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• vettes2.JPG
    vettes2.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 370
  • vettes3.JPG
    vettes3.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 346
I have to say that the Schwinn Corvette 5-speed deserves credit along with the Schwinn Jaguar. If they are Coppertone that is all the better!

Nice 61 Firebolt

This is my favorite! 61 Fire Bolt, I do not post here often but hey this stuff is in my price range.

I also have another firearrow that is a 64. Had a kickback. Right now that is on my 59

attachment.php

I'm gonna have to say the 1959-61 Fire Arrow/Fire Bolt but I might be a little biased on that vote. Another Bike I would like to have is a fully optioned coppertone Schwinn Corvette. I have a weakness for them.

4 sale

I just love these tanks. I think I need to find that front rack for the fire bolt, nice bike

I hate to do it but, I've decided to sell this 64 FireArrow. But only because I have a nice 59 FireArrow. Why should I hoard 2 of these when they are so rare and hard to find in OG condition. Anybody interested?
[email protected]

My apologies for highjacking this thread...additional pics can be seen in my gallery and the "for sale" forum.

JD

My favorite middleweight?

My favorite middleweight did not even exist, until I built it, as Schwinn never built one of these in this configuration. So I ask a question. What do you get when you combine a 1961 Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar with a 1965 Schwinn Collegiate? You get a 1961 Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar 5 speed. I built it the way Schwinn would have built it, if they did. It works wonderfully, and is a fine stablemate to my 5 speed Corvette, which over course we all know, Schwinn did build that. (Sorry, Barack!:p)

And THAT is my favorite middleweight!

Jim.

Attachments

• Completed custom 1961 Schwinn 5 speed Mk IV Jaguar- May 28, 2011.JPG
    Completed custom 1961 Schwinn 5 speed Mk IV Jaguar- May 28, 2011.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Emily bike 11.JPG
    Emily bike 11.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Very well done Jim. Even with all the added bling it looks factory. Only the true Schwinn collector would notice or comment on the wrong added parts.
For the guy that has to have a sweet looking fully loaded Schwinn, this is one that would be tops on my list.

But, to some it might be called a frankenbike...I call it SWEET and well built:cool:
Great job!!

Back