When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just picked up a Western Flyer X-53. Serial number is MOTX 2196. The chart shows it would be 58, but I saw in an X-53 thread that the 57-58 X-53s only came in black/gold and my frame is red. Can anyone verify?

I just picked up a Western Flyer X-53. Serial number is MOTX 2196. The chart shows it would be 58, but I saw in an X-53 thread that the 57-58 X-53s only came in black/gold and my frame is red. Can anyone verify?

Just read my paint scheme is one year only, 1956. Red, gold and chrome. Can anyone help with the serial number? Thanks

Last edited:
just picked one up - serial number reads 502 - 52000 - 014xxx -last 3 not able to read sorry

Murray??

I recently picked up what I think is a Murray? The serial # looks like it reads 30X13 241419 which doesn't seem to match up with most of what I've seen on this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to attach a pic. Thanks!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
1963? Murray Monterey?

My mom got me this bike for $25 at a yard sale. I'm slowly working on it. It has the murray logo on the front and original carlisle tires. I had to sand off the nasty green paint, but I found two sets of numbers under the handlebars.
image.jpg
image.jpg

My mom got me this bike for $25 at a yard sale. I'm slowly working on it. It has the murray logo on the front and original carlisle tires. I had to sand off the nasty green paint, but I found two sets of numbers under the handlebars. View attachment 128566View attachment 128567

Welcome to the forum! Yours is an '83, the serial #'s moved to the head tube around 1980. Also, I can tell it's a Monterey by the two tone red/maroon paint under the green.

Thank you, Adam!

How do you decipher the serial numbers? I bought my mom a western flyer two weeks ago, and it's got two number sets on the headset too. Could it be a murray built?

Back