When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My bike that got stolen 40 years ago

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

A.S.BOLTNUT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Found this bike on Craigslist my wife bought it as a early B-day present
The cool part is that it looks just like the bike that was stolen off my porch when I was 11 years old in San Luis obispo, California. Serial number starts with HK wich would make it Aug. 1975 , I was pleased to find the paint in decent shape
And the original tires soft and without cracks , rear tire reads Schwinn Stingray
My plans are to detail it and find a decent seat for it and find a place to admire it for years to come . never thought that a simple model bike as this would bring me so much joy .....Rafael

This pic is from the ad on Craigslist
00k0k_frtsDbLCzMt_600x450.jpg

And this pic is when I met the seller

20170304_135048.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas for the kind words , Im having a hard time trying to recall how I got the original one I had when I was a kid ?, I know I didn't receive it as new , we didn't have alot of money growing up , I either had to have traded up for it or got it from one of my older brothers ? I'm just glad I got it back.

I had my Schwinn Varsity stolen back in the early 70's. Seems like every boy back then had a bike stolen.

I had my Schwinn Varsity stolen back in the early 70's. Seems like every boy back then had a bike stolen.

Your probably rite on that point . Mine seemed to stick with me all these years ,loosing that bike was a bummer , I think a year after I got a new purple Westernflyer buzz bike another bike lil be keeping my eye out for .

Rafael

I traded in my 66 fastback to buy a 71 opague green Schwinn Super sport. Regret that to this day. Probably why I have 50 of them now. Then the super sport was stolen while i was at work. I miss that bike almost as much as the fastback. Now i have 3 green super sports. Bike thieves should get the same punishment as horse thieves.

Back