When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Bike was a New Schwinn!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikes62557

Look Ma, No Hands!
1948 24 inch Schwinn Juvenile (BOCX), Red & Ivory. See photo in corner (that's me on Christmas Day 1948). $37.50 is what we paid for it.

As photo of Before shows I try not to redo a bike that has it's original appeal intact. Usually they have been repainted and beyond saving as original.

This restoration was to be as close to my first Bike as possible. I remember and have photo documentation that it came equipped with the following: Bendix Coaster Brake, 1/2 pitch chain, S2 Rims, Lobdell Compression Spring Saddle (the first thing to fail), Medium size Coke Bottle Grips and the New Style Chain Guard. My brother's "Identical" 24 inch Schwinn came with ND Coaster Brake, 1" skip tooth Chain. Drop Center Rims, Troxel Saddle, Ball end Grips and older Style (Ribbed/Feather) Chain Guard. It was a good thing as we never had to wonder which Bike was who's! We never could figure out why the differences as they were ordered and came in together to the Dealer. Could it be that so soon after WW2 that they were using up pre war parts and just starting to use new design parts?

before.jpg
Unequippedw.jpg
1948E&KH-rt1c.jpg
05564.jpg
05572.jpg

Back