When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first motorized bike build - project page

-
i know! luckily i had many of these parts laying around! took a while for the rear axle to come in. that was the main hold up

do you like it chris?

Looks pretty cool! My first motorized bike was a lot like this (I still have it) since I couldn't afford a whizzer. I really have a lot of fun riding it and should post some pics! (Know I finally own a whizzer!) Really like the board track look too, I also was inspired with that style for my build. Post some pics of mine tomorrow but yours is looking sweet!

more progress yesterday. I started assembling the engine, to find out my kit was missing the throttle assy. UGH! I have to order one. I installed many of the components, though. Including the clutch cable and lever too. Now Im waiting to get the throttle parts. Boo.

Don't worry, Ill be cleaning up those wire runs.

20151025_173724_zpsqsu59zgv-1.jpg

20151025_173708_zpshuozygy0-1.jpg

20151025_173713_zpsgvogkjep-1.jpg

20151025_173655_zpsyhhi8dh1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Put the correct headset on and better condition forks. Ready for start up. I had to mofidy the headset so we will see if it works. Might need more work
20151116_071932_zpsgkbia2ch-1.jpg

20151116_071950_zps7ve0le7e-1.jpg

A word of caution about the fork: if it compresses a little too far it will grab the front tire and throw the bike over before you know it.
This will happen if the top nut comes loose too: the top plate will move up and the fork will grab the tire.
Sometimes top nuts and steer tubes don't have a great bite on each other.
I know this from experience and it's definitely not a fun experience.

Last edited:
Oh man scott thank you for letting me know. Do i need to just check that the top nut is tight all the time?

Makes me not want to use spring forks haha. I cant stand them on my regular bikes. They just fit the look so good

Back