When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sigh1961

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don't have any pictures of me on my one and only Schwinn that I ever owned. It was a 67 fastback 5 speed with a stick shift. I begged my mom to buy it for me for my 11th birthday in 1972. We bought it from a kid in the neighborhood named Donnie Horkstrom. He was older and wanted a 10 speed. I don't know what we paid for it, but it was a great looking bike. I think I had it for about a month, then one of my older brothers borrowed it and rode it to the pool hall. Never saw it again. They said it was stolen, but I think they sold it to buy pot. Whenever I bring it up, they have no memory of it. Here is a picture of a similar one. The only difference is mine had a sissy bar that was as high as the back of my head.
100_27952.jpg

My best friend had a gold single speed stingray, and we had contest to see who could ride the longest wheelie.

My first Bike was a Schwinn, a 1948 DX 24" Red/Ivory (Model BOCX). See photo of me in 1948 and my restored 24" (not the same bike) equipped just like my original. I remember and have photo documentation that it came equipped with the following: Bendix Coaster Brake, 1/2 pitch chain, S2 Painted Rims, Lobdell Compression Spring Saddle (the first thing to fail), Medium size Coke Bottle Grips and the New Style Chain Guard. A year or two later it would have been called a Spitfire.

1948EH-rt2.jpg
8C05657m.jpg

My uncle had the same fastback. He said he traded some other dudes some pot he had for it at a pool hall... just kidding. Cool bike though. Fastbacks are great

when i was about 11 years old my dads boss gave me his sons orange schwinn varsity. I rode it a few years before i started to drive a car.

vvvvvvvv.jpg

Back