When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first start to restoration!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
IMG_1160.PNG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
So I'll be posting pics of my first restoration that I have recently started. It's a 56 hornet deluxe. I have about 90% of the paint stripped off. And this is what it looked like before i started. And I will keep it updated as I go along

IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
Very cool man. Ya I've been working on it here and there for about 3 weeks. Today I put about 3 hours of trying to get the rest of the house paint and what was left of original paint off the frame!!! Here's what we got. I'm still waiting on my tank stencils to get here.

I'm currently working on a mid 50's Monark ladies for my wife. Took it to bare metal too. Make sure to start with etching primer. That way you don't have to worry about any rust issues.

I'm currently working on a mid 50's Monark ladies for my wife. Took it to bare metal too. Make sure to start with etching primer. That way you don't have to worry about any rust issues.

I prefer an acid rinse (Phosphoric Acid) similar to what Schwinn did before priming. The only way to take care of rust in those hard to reach areas. I just brush or spray on some Jasco metal prep after stripping the frame and parts. After that, on to the red oxide primer if I'm doing a correct resto.

http://www.jasco-help.com/product/prep-primer

It takes a very experienced professional to brush paint on a bike to make it look good.
There are many threads on this site that talk about 'rattlecan' paint jobs that look great.
I have painted many frames with spray cans that turned out perfect... the secret is follow the directions on the can and don't rush it. Make sure the first color is dried and cured before you tape on the stencils.

Back