When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my Western Flyer x53

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SchwinnSchwing

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked this up a month or so ago. It was literally rolled out of their barn when I got there. Haven't checked for a year yet. Where is the serial number on these bikes? Saw something about red & chrome being a 53-55. Things I know are missing are the chain guard, rear tail light/reflector, rear rack & bar, grips & headlight. I believe the rear rim is original & I think the rear tire might even be original. Front is a Schwinn rim. It also has the little nut covers on the front & rear wheels. The fenders are original but someone hammered out the grooves for the rear rack bars. The seat is original but missing the crash bar. There's a rear rack & fender on ebay right now in the color combo I need. I can also get a good crash bar for fairly cheap. But I've heard the chain guards are next to impossible to find. & if I did find one I probably wouldn't want to pay what it'd cost.I'm the type that would be bothered by riding this without the chain guard. Especially since it has lines that tie in with the rack bars. So I'm debating if I should sell it whole or part it out. I see someone selling just the WF rear fender badge for $225 on ebay. Not that they'll get it but that's a lot of cash for one small part. Another option is to trade it. I'm a tandem guy & I really love Schwinn Mini Twinns & the Colson rear steer twin (have no clue what those fetch). Not sure if that's even a feasible trade for what I have. All opinions & info welcome
DSCN7637.JPG
DSCN7888.JPG
DSCN7881.JPG
DSCN7882.JPG
DSCN7883.JPG
DSCN7884.JPG
DSCN7890.JPG
DSCN7891.JPG
DSCN7896.JPG
DSCN7898.JPG
DSCN7899.JPG

DSCN7879.JPG

Last edited:
Even though it has several items missing as you pointed out,
it’d be a shame to take it apart.
Hopefully you can trade it with someone that can appreciate and fix it up.
Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm actually the guys that sold that rear spear ornament. I got $219 for it. What I did was bought a couple of X-53, (one roached the other one a really terrible refurb) took the parts I needed to supplement my original X-53. I sold the rest of the parts on ebay. Not only did I get my bike up to snuff, but I made a few bucks along the way. If you're able to get lucky and stumble on a couple of clunkers, it may be a nice option because your bike is original and mostly there. Good luck!

Back