When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a little help on this one!

-

dunebike

Look Ma, No Hands!
Binford 1.jpg
Binford 3.jpg
Binford 2.jpg
Binford 4.jpg

This is a typical 1995 Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe but it is the history that I am after. I have been told that these were limited to 250 production and were all given to members associated with the "Tool Time" show. I was not able to pull much up on it and would love to hear from someone who knows the story behind it.

!

By tool time I'm guessing you mean home improvement the sitcom ? Al Borland and his flannel! Classic

Dunebike, Why not tell us your story so far. For example you picked it up at Goodwill for 10.99 or it belonged to your sisters boyfriend? I'm curious, I bet others are curious too.

Dunebike, Why not tell us your story so far. For example you picked it up at Goodwill for 10.99 or it belonged to your sisters boyfriend? I'm curious, I bet others are curious too.

The story is not all that exciting really, it was a CL find and the seller was a liquidator of wheeled goods that were acquired from storeage auctions. I dont even know what city the auction was held but the bike was listed in Las Vegas. Tim Allen is here in Vegas often so maybe I can follow the suggestion of getting it signed.

Home Improvement-Tim Allen

Tim Allen ordered the Bikes for all of the crew associated with the show Home Improvement. The show ended May 25, 1999. So the bikes were produced that year. I have heard that there could have been as many as 400 bikes.

Binford Schwinn

I know this is an old thread, but I am selling one of these Home Improvement Schwinn bikes, which is still in the box. They were, as noted above a gift to the cast and crew of the show in the final season. I don't think there were more than 250 made, since the cast and crew wasn't as large as 400. These are great bikes as well as a piece of show biz history. If anyone is seriously interested I'll put of a price. The bike is located in Los Angeles. Thanks!

Back