When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help dating a Monark

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian Boothe

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked up a Monark Rocket last night and honestly I know nothing about them. Can anyone tell me what year it would be and if it is missing any parts? Maybe what its worth? Thanks!
IMG_3125.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG
IMG_3127.JPG
IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG
IMG_3132.JPG
IMG_3133.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG

It is my understanding that with the badge on the bottom bracket, it is between a 46 thru 54. I have the same model number, 3109, same everything.

There is a springer bracket on there but the guy said it did not have the Springer anymore. Do you know if it takes a single spring or the double and should it have a tank? Any idea what someone would pay for this?

That one had truss bars, but Rockets did have the single spring. The Super Deluxe models had the dual springs, and later, a Schwinn looking springer.

Do you know what the truss rods would have looked like or can I put a single spring on it? I want to keep it original. Plus what kickstand would have been on there? Looks like it has been replaced. Thanks!

Cool bike, just about ready to ride!
I'd say this one's not later than 1949.
Looks like the fork is original, but the truss-rod bracket up top is from a Schwinn.

From what I can see of the serial number I believe it is 1949. The bike likely never had a tank as these were fairly basic models. Looks like it will make a nice rider but not a lot of value n base model bikes. I'd just enjoy it like it is. V/r Shawn

Here is a friends Rocket. He says it's a 48 or 49, and it's all original, except for the tires and seat.
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Back