When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying correct crossbrace bars for my 1948 Schwinn b107

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Beeler2927

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm looking for the correct crossbrace bars for my B107. Any help on how to identify the correct suitable replacement for restoration would be much appreciated. Any idea where would be best place to buy and or find dimensions so I get the correct ones?
IMG_2797.PNG
View attachment 406747

I don't think any of those left the factory with those. Only in the brochure does it show with crossbrace bars

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was it an option by adding additional equipment to the bike after the factory?

It was an option to add available upgrades to the bikes before and after it left the factory. In the catalog reference you posted above it says fully equipped and the cross brace bars would surely be a factory installed item if ordered that way.

It was an option to add available upgrades to the bikes before and after it left the factory. In the catalog reference you posted above it says fully equipped and the cross brace bars would surely be a factory installed item if ordered that way.
I don't have the bars to measure for a replacement. Any idea where I would find that info?

Geoffs Book shows the same '48 catalog page that you do. It calls for the braced bar as standard equipment on the Model 107 but says that a 30 x 12 bar is optional--probably what we would call the 'steer horn' bar. While I can't find anything that gives the exact dimensions I would guess the early post war braced bar would be the same as the late post war braced bar. The braced bars were a little bit narrower than the typical 26 x 8 bars and I'm guessing about 23" with 8" of pull back. I still suggest the book if post war Schwinn ballooners are your thing because it is a wealth of information. V/r Shawn

Back