When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying This Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gumby

On Training Wheels
Hello,

NEED HELP PLEASE

I picked up this bike and using the numbers only of the serial number of the bike I am finding it is a Chicago built bike built between 8/19 and 8/21 of 1957. The serial number is R66295204. The serial number was found on the bottom of the crank case bottom bracket. The chain gaurd says custom on it and It seems to be all original. I looked at all of the bikes in the catalogs from 1950 through 1970 and can not find this style. The double down tubes of the frame seem to make it a very rare bike. I was hoping someone might be able to solve this mystery. No one can seem to tell me what this bike is. If you need more Info or pictures I will be happy to give you what you need. Thanks for your time, Mike

20160726_161816.jpg

20160721_151127.jpg

20160721_151300.jpg

20160721_151202.jpg

It's a '66, Ross/CBC bikes have the two digits after the R as the year. Not too many of these left, it was competition for Murray's much more popular Spaceliner. I own a chrome frame version, sold as a Thunder Jet through Coast to Coast stores.
SUNP0002-1.jpg

Back