When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on Schwinn Panther pinstripe color

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bullseye13

On Training Wheels
Hi this is my first post and I am asking for anyone's help. I am in the process of restoring a 1953 Schwinn Panther that my grandfather special ordered new. It is the two tone black and red with white pinstripes. My question is what color white were the original pinstripes? I never realized just how many whites there are until now. Bright white,polar white,lettering white,platinum white,off white, antique white and on and on and on. I am trying to make this bicycle as close to 1953 factory as possible with all n.o.s parts except the tires/tubes and grips. I know that a restoration is not ideal but this is a sentimental restore and will just be hung on the wall and handed down to my children with all of the original paperwork and vintage pictures. I am so close to having this assembled but the pinstripe color is holding up progress. Please help,Thanks

The dirty white that Ford used in the 60'-70's is said to be an excellent match to the off white on Schwinns. It's called Wimbledon White

It was actually a 'white white' or on the one shot cans......I think they call it Polar white......not Ivory.
Same as on Black Phantom etc.
Just get a 'true' white and you're good!
Lettering white on OneShot might be the one too, I have a can around here somewhere, not in front of me right now...

It was actually a 'white white' or on the one shot cans......I think they call it Polar white......not Ivory.
Same as on Black Phantom etc.
Just get a 'true' white and you're good!
Lettering white on OneShot might be the one too, I have a can around here somewhere, not in front of me right now...

Thanks for your replies. I have a can of one shot polar white and it is the more off white.
The one shot lettering white is the more white white out of the two paints. So what you are saying is that I need the One shot lettering white. Am I understanding you correctly? Thank you very much.

Back