When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help With My 1954 Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SHO2010

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I recently found a Schwinn Jaguar at a flea market (yes it does happen) after looking it over I found the serial number on the frame to be June of 1952 but the 3 speed hub is dated 1954. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen a frame and other parts so far apart in years. As far as any parts being changed over the years it doesn't look like anything has been swapped out. Also does anyone know what Sturmey Archer 3 speed thumb shifter should look like for this year bike. I have posted some pictures. Any help will be appreciated.
20160713_195853_resized (Medium) (Small).jpg
20160703_111759_resized (Small).jpg
20160704_101507_resized (Small).jpg
20160703_101855_resized (Small).jpg
20160703_101843_resized_1 (Small).jpg
20160703_101916_resized (Small).jpg

The serial number on your Jag was used in 1952 and then again 11/02-11/03 in 1953. Some numbers were used for 3 different years. The number was stamped on the date posted but the frame could have been built days or weeks later and the finished product or final build was undoubtedly in early 1954.

That seat probably came off a 70's exerciser.

The serial number on your Jag was used in 1952 and then again 11/02-11/03 in 1953. Some numbers were used for 3 different years. The number was stamped on the date posted but the frame could have been built days or weeks later and the finished product or final build was undoubtedly in early 1954.

That seat probably came off a 70's exerciser.
I dident find the 1953 date just the 1952 date so that makes sense that it would be an early 54 build. The seat seams to be the only thing put on later, do you have any idea where I can find a front fender I know that is going to be a tough one. Thanks for the help.

the front fender is just a ballooner fender that u can get chromed takes a rocket ray litr witg the bezel painted ti match the bike,i think u can tell early ftom late buy the seatr down tube decal but i dont remember the dif

Front fender is actually a 2 yr only fender because of the hand brake, it has a factory riveted bracket for mounting, you can modify a panther fender but good luck finding the correct one.

Any progress with fixin this one up? Just came across your thread on the SBF and it's hard to believe that Jennifer is still preaching that BS about the frames being built on the date that the serial numbers were stamped on the dropout component. And frames were stored! :rolleyes:
Just curious if you've done any work on this. It's a unique short lived model and one of my favorites.

Jag Info.PNG

Last edited:
Any progress with fixin this one up? Just came across your thread on the SBF and it's hard to believe that Jennifer is still preaching that BS about the frames being built on the date that the serial numbers were stamped on the dropout component. And frames were stored! :rolleyes:
Just curious if you've done any work on this. It's a unique short lived model and one of my favorites.

View attachment 378055
Thanks for asking, I have gotten most of the chrome polished up still have to clean the paint off the handle bars not sure what I will find under there, need to clean the rims and have new spokes put in. I am going to take the frame to my automotive paint store so they can match the color then get the frame, fork, and chain guard stripped and ready for paint, I found a set of repop fenders at Memory Lane. Hope to get paint on it in the next month then start assembly. I will try to update when I get the paint on.
20161102_230422_resized.jpg
20161102_230217_resized.jpg
20161102_230358_resized.jpg

Please don't use those pointy handlebar grips... I'll buy you a pair of RED fifties Schwinn grips! Otherwise your parts tray is impressive!

Please don't use those pointy handlebar grips... I'll buy you a pair of RED fifties Schwinn grips! Otherwise your parts tray is impressive!
Not sure what grips I want to use I picked those up cheap at the Portland IN swap meet this year figured I would use them some time. I would like to find some unusual grips to use since the bike kind of different I am open to any ideas.

Back