When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help with bike identification

-

Brian Boothe

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm headed tonight to look at these two bikes to buy. I don't know anything about them other than they are schwinn from the info that they are selling on. They look like they are resto's and one pic doesn't have one of the chain guard. The other has no markings. Just looking to identify so i can do some research and see what they are and what i want to offer for the bikes. thanks guys!
bike2A.jpg
bike1A.jpg

These better be dirt cheap! I wouldn't call those restorations but poorly refurbished. First is a post war DX that has a bent fork and what appears to be a poorly repaired frame (look at down tube near head tube). All kinds of wrong parts and incorrect paint scheme and colors. Second is a postwar cantilever done in style of B6. Again a lot wrong with this one. V/r Shawn

cool thanks! i knew something didn't look right with them. I didn't see the frame repair, it looks pretty nasty. they want $400 for both and initially that sounded really high. i also knew something wasn't right with them when the owners said someone looked at them that afternoon but the offer wasn't feasible. I don't know if they are even worth messing with at this point

I'm absolutely positive someone here on the Cabe that had those for sale would only be asking $270-300 for both. :rolleyes:

i offered them $200 and explained that they weren't what what they thought they were. the lady said they were her dads who passed away 6 years ago and didn't know anything about them. she was very nice and thanked me for the info i gave. Also she did not except the offer LOL

Back