When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure in a Perfect World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
I know this is an easy one. There are only so many pieces inside a Model D. I mean not so many. A driver, a sleeve, 8 and 9 tabbed and un-tabbed plates. a clutch spring some ball bearings and the body. Is there some technique or am I dealing with worn out not so good goods? When I pedal, it takes 2 or 3 turns to engage. When I brake, it take 2 or 3 turns to catch. What's the dillio?
Many thanks as always to the wise young sage ones!

You probably have a broken transfer spring. The tab can break off or get worn and cause issues like you're having. I have just recently learned how to rebuild these hubs and have had to replace three transfer springs so far. Good thing I bought a 10 pack!

s-l1600.jpg

image.jpeg
You probably have a broken transfer spring. The tab can break off or get worn and cause issues like you're having. I have just recently learned how to rebuild these hubs and have had to replace three transfer springs so far. Good thing I bought a 10 pack!

s-l1600.jpg
Thanks Jay81. Here's what's funny. I just put in a new spring. So, I open the hub and just like magic, I've got a broken spring! While installing a new one, (a new new one) I screw in the driver too far. This lifts the sleeve off of the spring, and thus creating the problemo, Duh!
I'm ready now for the next test!!

Last edited:
Nice Taylor Tile table? (Los Angeles 1934-38) you got there bud!! I am watching your ND progress!

Nate

s-l500.jpg

He uses a 30's Mission/Deco Style Tile Table for workbench!! :eek: Geez only in Cali!!;)

Don't drop that NDD!!!

How many New D's do you need for the "workbench"?:D

Back