When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New with unknown Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CharlieBird

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi. I'm new here and think this might be a good place to ask you guys... is there anyway to figure out what model my 60 Schwinn is? I'm know that there are incorrect (lame) pedals on it and other items may be wrong. The chain guard decal is completely gone but at a certain angle, in a certain light, i can read "Corvette II" This is my first Middleweight (got in trade for my 2 Lightweights)
I learned on this forum that "Corvette II" was not available in 1960? The rims are painted but the fenders are not? I can't seem to find a match in any other bike photos. The bike is gonna clean up well and Id like to give it a proper chain guard and decal :)
I'll attempt to post photos now, and thanks for reading my very long question!

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

The chain guard is from a different Corvette middle weight. I would guess your bike might be a more entry level like a Typhoon. Roger

serial makes it a 60 model,so not a Typhoon.seattube decal could be Corvette or Jaguar,but Jag wouldn't have top bar decals.wheels have most likely been replaced.lots can and does happen over 57 years.

I'm assuming all the decals are original, so there is only one 1960 model it could be. The Jaguar, Corvette and Panther II were the only boys models that had that seat tube decal. The Panther and Jag had the Schwinn decal on the tank so that was a Corvette.

The Corvette II was a 1965 model and its chain guard is the same style as the 1960 with two small somewhat insignificant changes that is overlooked or unknown to many, so you can use that guard. The rear fender looks like it might be original, if it is stainless and not chromed steel. The front fender is not original.

thank you everyone! That really does narrow it down to a coaster brake Corvette. I couldn't figure out why the frame decals didn't match a bike with white wheels and no tank. I also wasn't certain it was 60 model ( just assumed) The frame decals and paint do look very original and fender stainless. And it makes sense that somebody at sometime replaced those other parts; wheels, front fender and chain guard. I'm happy the bike will now have a model name. I wanted this bike to put a baby seat on and to cruise around with our baby son. Ha. Could never see myself buying a new bike!
I appreciate your help!

The wheels are not from a Corvette. Corvette rims where chromed. Painted rims were only on the lower priced middleweights that is why I suggested Tuphoon. Roger

Back