When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Normal To Be Flexing?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

drglinski

Finally riding a big boys bike
The schwinn aluminum girder stem used on the continental/sprint etc during the 70s...is it normal for it to flex a bit when rocking the handlebar(s)? Yes I've got everything tight. Thanks

How hard are you flexing and what is a bit. Not trying to be a smart guy but not sure how much. I don't think that stem is very flexible but it is possible to flex it. Is it the right size for the fork? Not a 21.5 in a 22.2 fork. What material, type, size of handle bars are you using? All of those things could cause some flex. Roger

I've never had any flexing in these bars. Something don't seem right to me here. V/r Shawn

The stem itself should not flex at all. However since it is 1" taller than most other stems, if it is set at or near max. ht. then it can rock back and forth a bit in the steerer tube. I would definitely check it for cracks and make sure it is at or below the max. ht. level.

Back