When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh no! Sears Chief Parted Out (!) on the bay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Anyone want to buy my trifecta ( Chief, Napoleon, Elginmoto, all same frame) Napoleon AND Elgin both have the coveted battery holder switched tanks!! all 3 with teacup lights! $3700 invested....$3300.00 pick-up only.

Now that this thread has taken a turn I will note that the Chief is not a particularly rare bike and probably still exists in varying degrees of condition in Bluebird type numbers. Sears had a huge share of the market at that time and a lot of Chiefs were sold annually and they were available for several years with minor changes. In some ways they are the Colorflows of the early Moto era. Obviously there has been more water under the bridge since they were new so finding one in good shape and complete is a certainly challenge, on the other hand there are probably many rough frames and part bikes still in barns that could be restored...If only Stromberger would get off that nice late one he has and part it so others could live!

Now that this thread has taken a turn I will note that the Chief is not a particularly rare bike and probably still exists in varying degrees of condition in Bluebird type numbers. Sears had a huge share of the market at that time and a lot of Chiefs were sold annually and they were available for several years with minor changes. In some ways they are the Colorflows of the early Moto era. Obviously there has been more water under the bridge since they were new so finding one in good shape and complete is a certainly challenge, on the other hand there are probably many rough frames and part bikes still in barns that could be restored...If only Stromberger would get off that nice late one he has and part it so others could live!

Since we are talking about rarity and the numbers of existing bikes. How many 1937 Roadmaster Supremes would you say exist in either original or redone condition?

As for the topic of this thread, my opinion is, that I am always looking to upgrade my bikes with better condition parts. If good condition bikes don't get parted out, then that doesn't happen.

Of course, I would always like to see the best bikes stay together, but unfortunately, those bike are already spoken for by veteran collectors. So, for most of us, we have to start with the best bike we can find, and then upgrade them from there. That's not a bad thing, because the education that goes along with that is priceless.

Thanks, goes out to all who have made parts available, that would otherwise not be available.

A special thanks goes out to the king of the part out. Bicyclebones. Danny V. has helped more people complete their dreams than anybody.

Now who's got a horizontal spring Lobdell saddle that they want to part with?

Last edited:
Anyone want to buy my trifecta ( Chief, Napoleon, Elginmoto, all same frame) Napoleon AND Elgin both have the coveted battery holder switched tanks!! all 3 with teacup lights! $3700 invested....$3300.00 pick-up only.

Okay Bri, you're killin' me - show me some pics and I might just have to take a road trip :D

Since we are talking about rarity and the numbers of existing bikes. How many 1937 Roadmaster Supremes would you say exist in either original or redone condition?

As for the topic of this thread, my opinion is, that I am always looking to upgrade my bikes with better condition parts. If good condition bikes don't get parted out, then that doesn't happen.

Of course, I would always like to see the best bikes stay together, but unfortunately, those bike are already spoken for by veteran collectors. So, for most of us, we have to start with the best bike we can find, and then upgrade them from there. That's not a bad thing, because the education that goes along with that is priceless.

Thanks, goes out to all who have made parts available, that would otherwise not be available.

A special thanks goes out to the king of the part out. Bicyclebones. Danny V. has helped more people complete their dreams than anybody.

Now who's got a horizontal spring Lobdell saddle that they want to part with?

Great post buddy! As far as the Roadmaster Supremes go, i'd have to say about a dozen i think? I have collected quite a few pictures of them from the internet in all forms of restored to original. Let me count exactly and get back to you.

As far as the Lobdell seat goes, take a number. HAHA!! WE are all in that line. I have 3 currently but need 2 more for my last 2 Shelbys. I know, i know, Lobdell hoarder! LOL!! But they are all on bikes right now. Oh and 3 girls ones also. 2 are on bikes and one spare now. HAHA! But back to the "take a number" I think we are now serving number 3 or 4 that have popped up for sale in the last few months and you are number 20 or so on the number list i think? I know of at least 7 other guys personally plus you now that want one also. Maybe someone should repop them? Oh another fact about those are that the seatposts are different from boys to girls. Also to fit one on Karla's Suprmeme i had to make a sheetmetal shim to take up the slop in the seatube. FUN!! But they ride killer!! Better than any other seat i sat on.

Sears Chief End Game

I was sorry to see the more abusive tone this thread took for a bit there - sorry if I added gas to the fire and thanks to those who brought the discussion back to thoughtful civility.

It's time to see how this thing plays out!

All auctions are ending today.

So far:

Frame 172 to B***3
Seat 460 to B***3 - holy moly!

It looks like somebody's fighting (and they mean business) for the complete bike!
A hero has stepped out from the shadows . . . will they prevail?
It might be a rough ride for them.

I bid on the frame but lost and now I'm going to back off and let B***3 go the distance.

It would be charitable if others did the same, though I doubt many will :)

Great post buddy! As far as the Roadmaster Supremes go, i'd have to say about a dozen i think? I have collected quite a few pictures of them from the internet in all forms of restored to original. Let me count exactly and get back to you.

As far as the Lobdell seat goes, take a number. HAHA!! WE are all in that line. I have 3 currently but need 2 more for my last 2 Shelbys. I know, i know, Lobdell hoarder! LOL!! But they are all on bikes right now. Oh and 3 girls ones also. 2 are on bikes and one spare now. HAHA! But back to the "take a number" I think we are now serving number 3 or 4 that have popped up for sale in the last few months and you are number 20 or so on the number list i think? I know of at least 7 other guys personally plus you now that want one also. Maybe someone should repop them? Oh another fact about those are that the seatposts are different from boys to girls. Also to fit one on Karla's Suprmeme i had to make a sheetmetal shim to take up the slop in the seatube. FUN!! But they ride killer!! Better than any other seat i sat on.

Number 20 seemed like a long way back in line, so I just took cuts and picked up the Horizontal spring Lobdell that popped up in the buy/sell/trade forum.

It needs a re cover. but at least it's still in original condition and the chassis looks to be in good shape.

Back