When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Older tricycle idenification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eric64

On Training Wheels
Hope you can give some insight, at first thought it might have been decorative but it looks like it is or was built too well. The forks appear to be cast iron with pinch clamps on the bottom all the hardware bolts are square headed. The gussets/ frame connections are cast iron as well and all riveted together. Solid rubber wheels with splices. Any info would be appreciated Thanks, Eric

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This style of tot tricycle with solid wheels was produced by different manufacturers between the teens and 1930s, at the very least time span. Without any identifying marks it would be hard to figure out the maker. It is the real deal and not a decorative reproduction. I would tend to date it more in the mid-1920s to 1930s range since it employs tubular steel in the frame. Many models dating earlier than that had strap steel frames with the earliest ones I've seen having wire spoked wheels as well.

Dave

Thank you Dave, I was thinking it was way overbuilt for a decorative piece. And it does show some age to it. Wanted to fix it up for my new grandson, Thank you again

Back