When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opalescent Green

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SirMike1983

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone know if there is a current automotive touch-up paint (the little bottle type they sell in the auto parts stores) that matches opalescent green?

About the closest match I've seen is a forest green metallic but it will be darker than the opalescent because that paint was translucent over a silver base. The Testors model car translucent is a pretty close match if you put silver under it. V/r Shawn

I found a real close match to my bicycle in Testors model paint - I believe the paint code is 1601 - Walmart - Hobby Lobby or just Amazon the heading below & you'll find it for about 10 bucks shipped
Transparent Candy Green Enamel Paint 3oz Spray Can

I do not know about Opalescent but the Testors mentioned is excellent for Radiant Green. Maybe they are the same. Here is a Tiger I painted the fenders with the Testors.

P1010010 (Medium) (2).JPG

Same paint I was referring to but make sure you get a silver under it or you won't get the right effect. V/r Shawn

The Testors spray paint is a small metallic, not a candy, so it would work better for small touch ups on chips and scratches. Radiant and Opal colors are pretty much the same colors with possibly a different chemical make up or from different paint suppliers. I've compared a few different colors of Opal and Radiant paint on some fork steer tubes and they were identical in color. The weathering of the paint on the blades seemed to be different between the two paint names but that could be caused by many factors, not just the paint make up.

Back