When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint help! 1936 C model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dgoldman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'd like a few opinions please.

I have been working diligently on taking this blue spray can paint off without harming the original color. It's beginning to come off with a paint stripper I'm using. I have tried everything else people have suggested on this forum. Luckily, the stripper is only attacking the blue spray paint and not the original Black and red. The original paint however is pretty much shot. I can faintly tell where the red darts are on most of the tubes but there is no red left. My question is, do I continue to strip the blue off or or call it a day, sand blast and repaint? I want to keep the original black paint being I like things original. I have painting experience so painting will turn out nice. If I repaint, does anyone have stencils made up for the dart accents or do I just measure what I have and do the best I can? Thanks Robbie

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG
I'd like a few opinions please.

I have been working diligently on taking this blue spray can paint off without harming the original color. It's beginning to come off with a paint stripper I'm using. I have tried everything else people have suggested on this forum. Luckily, the stripper is only attacking the blue spray paint and not the original Black and red. The original paint however is pretty much shot. I can faintly tell where the red darts are on most of the tubes but there is no red left. My question is, do I continue to strip the blue off or or call it a day, sand blast and repaint? I want to keep the original black paint being I like things original. I have painting experience so painting will turn out nice. If I repaint, does anyone have stencils made up for the dart accents or do I just measure what I have and do the best I can? Thanks Robbie

View attachment 421470

View attachment 421471

View attachment 421472
The original paint looks like it is going to be to far gone. It's a shame. Cool color. Here is my 1937 Schwinn C model in black. These are desirable bikes.

Back