When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther Or ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked up a bike,,,dated by serial number to be 1951 but not sure if it is a Panther or other model. Straight bar and here is a pick of the seat tube decal. Bike has been changed so much over the years so hard to tell what it was for sure.

Thanks,
paul

51_schwinn_zpsq4qhwx2l.jpg

Just picked up a bike,,,dated by serial number to be 1951 but not sure if it is a Panther or other model. Straight bar and here is a pick of the seat tube decal. Bike has been changed so much over the years so hard to tell what it was for sure.

Thanks,
paul

51_schwinn_zpsq4qhwx2l.jpg
Hard to tell with your picture. Our viewing audience may need more pictures to give you an accurate answer.

I can post more pics but so much is changed as to make ID difficult. Right now has wrong wheels, tires, horn, fenders and maybe more. I want to start replacing repop and incorrect parts with good parts. Was hoping the tube decal would help.

Ok, here are all the pics I took today at the garage. I know there is a lot wrong, pinstriped but I think it should be two tone green and very light green or beige. And other things such as a missing chrome fork support rods.

s3_zps1am6i94r.jpg

s2_zpsgnupzqew.jpg

s1_zpsru0ycezg.jpg

Nice looking Frankster. That seat tube decal was never installed on a straight bar frame. Or before a 1955 model frame.
The fork is not Schwinny.

I'm thinking I would just leave as is and ride it.

Last edited:
So we got a '51 Schwinn frame with a Monarch fork and a newer style seat tube decal. I was thinking of looking for a springer fork anyway and most likely will leave the decal as it's kinda cool.

Back