When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther Tail Light

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

joecfd1

On Training Wheels
Hi all, Newbie to your very informative site! I'm in the process of cleaning up a 1952 Womens Panther for my wife. The tail light is original and has surface rust all over it. I was trying to figure out if it was plated or painted. Any insight? The bike is two tone green but there is no signs of any paint on the light.

Thanks, Joe

Not sure if you are talking about the light underneath the carrier or not. If so, I believe they all were painted white. Not a factory item for a Panther
as far as I know.

1952_06.jpg

Not sure if you are talking about the light underneath the carrier or not. If so, I believe they all were painted white. Not a factory item for a Panther
as far as I know.

1952_06.jpg
It sure looks to be factory. It has the the original rack with the cut out for the Black Phantom style light. It also has the brake light switch on the rear axle. I've found several pics and they all look to be an off white color. I'll post a pic when I get it reassembled.

Thanks, Joe

variations are the rule with old bikes,you could anything available,the motr things you had the dealer do the more he made,iv been tols by a couple of old schwinn that the margin on whole bikes was short,its a wonder we dont see more variations,the dealer could also order a bike built at the factory,similar to how you order a new car

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here's my Delta stop light from my '52 Westfield 5 Star Superb. It has a chrome body and has the sensor that connects to the rear axle like yours. Humm. My light needs some cleaning!

Back