When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

peerless help, please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LillyOFinch

On Training Wheels
I found this cool bike. Now I need to decide what to do with it. I was told it is from 1933. How do I learn more?

Thanks
bike.jpg
headbadge.jpg
off side.jpg
rear axle.jpg
seat.jpg

Not 33, but it is prewar. Rollfast bicycle built by HP Snyder. I'd say more like 38-41. Under the BB or crank housing there should be a SN. In most cases stamped something like
SN 93. In this case the year would be 39. Just flip the numbers around.

Nice bike with lots of potential. Treat that chain like it was jewelry--they can be tough to replace. Looks to me as though your coaster brake arm may not be properly anchored to the frame.

I realize you just joined here yesterday; do you have any experience with bike repairs? I'm sure many here will offer assistance with specific questions or problems. Meanwhile, watching some videos at your own pace might prove very helpful. I like this guy's approach, and the price is right--FREE.

http://www.rjthebikeguy.com

You really only need to learn the basics to service these antique bikes (headset, bottom bracket, hubs). Clean it...lube it...ride it!

Not 33, but it is prewar. Rollfast bicycle built by HP Snyder. I'd say more like 38-41. Under the BB or crank housing there should be a SN. In most cases stamped something like
SN 93. In this case the year would be 39. Just flip the numbers around.
I have a 1937 Peerless. The serial number is F46903. Mine is not a 1964. It is a 1937. Not all serial numbers work that way.

20180914_191911.jpg

20180805_155159.jpg

Back