When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Persons Solo polo badge help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

That bike guy

Finally riding a big boys bike
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This bike just fell into my lap and now I'm on the quest to make it complete. Ok here's my question two slightly different persons badges which one is correct for a Schwinn L3? Thanks in advance please excuse the lazy photo border edits.
image.png
image.png

View attachment 384496 Those are both the same tags this is the different tag hope this helps
With all due respect, maybe I missed something. The tags shown in the initial post are slightly different. The one posted by vastingray is the same as the one on the red seat in the initial post, the other one in the initial post is narrower in the Worcester Mass wording. OR..... I'm nuts. And that is entirely possible.
REC

Those are three different tags. Each one is a little different... But no ones answered the question. Which one is correct for an L3 ?
A better question might be, would anyone ever notice....

With all due respect, maybe I missed something. The tags shown in the initial post are slightly different. The one posted by vastingray is the same as the one on the red seat in the initial post, the other one in the initial post is narrower in the Worcester Mass wording. OR..... I'm nuts. And that is entirely possible.
REC
Yes REC that's why I post the two pics. The red seat has the E in PERSONS corresponding with the e in Winchester and the same thing with the S in U.S.A.
And the black seat has no letter corresponding. So I guess what I'm really tying to do is get a picture of someone's bone stock L3 63 Schwinn stingray persons solo polo badge. I do appreciate all the help.

Those are three different tags. Each one is a little different... But no ones answered the question. Which one is correct for an L3 ?
A better question might be, would anyone ever notice....
The one I posted they used til H-3

image.png
image.png
REC
not even close look at the dog eared tabs and small rivets this is the early tag what difference do you guys see in the other 2 tags ? Just because the rivet isn't the exact spot doesn't mean anything neither one is dog eared ?

View attachment 384597 View attachment 384596 not even close look at the dog eared tabs and small rivets this is the early tag what difference do you guys see in the other 2 tags ? Just because the rivet isn't the exact spot doesn't mean anything neither one is dog eared ?

And as I said - I may be entirely nuts.....

Sorry if that was offensive, but none of them look the "exact" same. I was looking at the lettering on the tags. My comment on them looking the same was based on that - the lettering. I would not have noticed the rivet tabs as different probably standing there looking at it in person.

My understanding of the entire history of these tags is limited to casual observation. I have one of these Sting-rays, but apparently have never spent the time to look at this particular part that hard. The seat on it did not come with the bike as the seller retained it and several other (rather costly and apparently hard to find) parts that were a little more money than I would have ever expected to have to spend to replace...

REC
NOT a Solo-Polo expert in any way, but do have an H3 Sting-Ray. (And no, it is not perfectly correct in the restoration that was done, but it is nice to ride!)

Back