When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Schwinn double bar roadsters

-
Here's mine.
(thanks Spence!)
Same as the one Tim posted . .
I think it's a 37; note the straight seat and chain stays, and Mead type fork.
All factory paint. Pioneer badged.
Sorry about the photo quality . .
Pouring rain here, and don't want to drag my babies out of their cozy nest.
These are Great Riders ! ! !

image1_zps1b301e4e-1.jpg

image3_zpsc35cafda-1.jpg

image2_zpsa68595d6-1.jpg
Thanks....that answers my question!

Here is a pic of a 1935 Doublebar I bought off Ebay a few years ago. It came form California and the previous owner was a regular at local bike events. Some of our mombers may remember this bike and have some input into its history. The picture was taken when it was on the West coast but The bike is the same as it was then.
f40e_1.jpg

f40e_1.jpg

Here is a pic of a 1935 Doublebar I bought off Ebay a few years ago. It came form California and the previous owner was a regular at local bike events. Some of our mombers may remember this bike and have some input into its history. The picture was taken when it was on the West coast but The bike is the same as it was then.View attachment 184724

Wow. What a beauty!

When I saw this thread I was gonna post a pic of a super clean DBR with gothic fenders that I saw on e-Bay back in 2006. This bike was my screen saver for a long time. I wanted to buy it at the time, but my son had just been born. I thought it had been parted, but while looking for the photo I realized it was a super clean C model that was parted around the same time. Anyway, it's the same bike Spence36 now owns and posted (post #8). So glad to see it survived. It's a beautiful example. Wish I had bought it when I could!

image.jpg

Last edited:
This bicycle belonged to my grandpa, who bought it from the original owner some time in the late 1930s or early 40s (bike is a 1936 model with straight locking fork). My dad's cousin ended up with the bike in the 1950s, replacing the handle bars and cracking the original Torrington stem. The bike returned to my grandpa's barn some time in the 1960s when my dad's cousin outgrew it. My dad rode an English 3 speed and never was interested in the bike, so it sat in the loft of the barn until about 1997. I was moving some flooring with my dad in the loft of the barn when I discovered the bike laying on a pile of wood. I had previously cleaned up my dad's old Higgins Middleweight and thought the Schwinn Henderson in the barn was great. I eventually worked up the nerve to ask my grandpa for it and he said I could have it. I went over the bike in 1997 and again a few years ago, cleaning it up and replacing anything that needed replacing. This bicycle has been in my family about 75 years now. My grandpa is now near 87 and still sees the bike now and then when he goes into my parents' garage. He always says it was a champ and mentions it as "Old Napoleon".

attachment.php

Last edited:
This bicycle belonged to my grandpa, who bought it from the original owner some time in the late 1930s or early 40s (bike is a 1936 model with straight locking fork). My dad's cousin ended up with the bike in the 1950s, replacing the handle bars and cracking the original Torrington stem. The bike returned to my grandpa's barn some time in the 1960s when my dad's cousin outgrew it. My dad rode an English 3 speed and never was interested in the bike, so it sat in the loft of the barn until about 1997. I was moving some flooring with my dad in the loft of the barn when I discovered the bike laying on a pile of wood. I had previously cleaned up my dad's old Higgins Middleweight and thought the Schwinn Henderson in the barn was great. I eventually worked up the nerve to ask my grandpa for it and he said I could have it. I went over the bike in 1997 and again a few years ago, cleaning it up and replacing anything that needed replacing. This bicycle has been in my family about 75 years now. My grandpa is now near 87 and still sees the bike now and then when he goes into my parents' garage. He always says it was a champ and mentions it as "Old Napoleon".

attachment.php
Or this one....very clean paint! I'm jealous

841c4b6867c4b8ffe722cb229b2169da-1.jpg
I could have bought this frame for $100 but I wasn't sure if it was Schwinn even though I'm pretty sure the crank and sprocket are Schwinn ,is this a double bar Schwinn or a Roadmaster or something else lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back