When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress on my 65 KSHD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

island schwinn

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked up this bike and 6 others in my buddy's dads barn many years ago.paid 45 bucks for all of them.it was missing the wheels,crank/sprocket and seat.after I got all the bikes home and layed them out,I realized all the original parts had been swapped around to different bikes.I took the parts from the other bikes,put the wrong parts back on the other bikes,and sold the rest of the bikes for 40 bucks each.the paint was so bad that there was more bare metal than paint,so I decided on a repaint.I'm a lousy painter,so I enlisted the expert help of my good friend Jeff.
Just a few pics of progress.need to have the line on the guard striped and then it's done for now.I'm going to need a nice pair of Union pedals because the ones I had disappeared.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very very nice, I love the KSHD, I own a few myself plus a couple King size Americans. Look forward to seeing it complete. Let me know if your looking for any OR parts..

Brian I might have the pedals. Ill check. I might have other parts for it too. Just holler. Thanks for saving it.

thanks guys,it's been a long time coming on this project.2 moves and years since I tore it down.bound to lose something in all the mess.I have 2 projects in front of it right now,but definitely need at least a set of union pedals.really stretching it wanting a nice set of tractor whitewalls.
gonna get my hextube and roadmaster done,then knock this out.

Ya the WW tractors were stock on the KSHD in '65, I have been looking for an NOS set for a few years myself. Right now I just have WW Kenda 26x2x13/4 on my 65 the extra width adds to the ride and look vs standard S7's, but it sure would be sweet to have the stock tires on it.

Where did you find the chainguard decal? I need one for mine.
Thanks in advance..

REC

The guard decal came from memory lane,but had to be sectioned and shortened to fit.note there's no pinstripe on the bottom edge like original.

Ya, I re screened one of my KSHDs guards and used a pinstripe I cut from another guard decal, delicate work.

Back