When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question For Schwinn Paint Color Experts?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

juke joint johnny

'Lil Knee Scuffer
We've all seen the Maroon/Cream/Black pinstripe color combo on the Schwinn B6, anyone know what years the Maroon/Cream/Vermillion Red pinstripe colors were used? I've only seen it maybe three times, but love the colors together and hope it would be correct for my '46 B6. Thanks for any help here - Johhny

might be listed in the 46 catalog in available colors,otherwies put on what you like,bikes were made to enjoy

red pigment was in short supply b4 and during ww2
Thought that was red-lead, red oxide primer spoker. B/C we was giving the German's all the lead, shooting their butts off so lead was short, but didn't think enamel or lacquer red paints had to much too. Or that is, no more lead than all others.

The Red Stripes were applied to the Whizzer Marroon or "dark" marroon bicycles. Black stripes on standard "dark red" I believe
was what Schwinn called the Panther, hornet, DX etc Marroon. Every bike I've ever found pre and postwar that was 'maroon' and had red pinstripes was the DARKER version of the marroon, and the maroon the WZ and S-10 whizzers were painted as well as some
of B model Line. This from my visual observations of quite a number of these bicycles.

Yeah, thank you Bob, I was actually hoping you would reply. I've seen your restorations in person, and know you really know your stuff, thank you. And thank everyone else too. I've been lurking around here as well as the other sites mentioned, for years... finally got around to joining all you bicycle nuts! I'm in good company for sure! - John

I guess the next question is, who has a paint formula for the Whizzer maroon? where can I get it?

I can get you a qt of single stage arcryl enamel from my supplier, matched from an NOS WZ fender set I have here for color matching
Runs about 70.00 for the qt. maybe a little more or little less but close. You would just need the hardener and reducer

Back