When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racycle "Pacemaker" project frame > about what year would it be?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

willswares1220

I live for the CABE
Here's a project frame, I've had for quite a long time now, packed away with other bikes. I finally unburied it and am curious what year it might be from ( 03 or 04 ?? ) It originally came with the standard Racycle fork, but I've added their spring fork that's probably 3 or 4 years newer for a different look. Serial number ( 36863 )
I threw it together for some pics.... I know there's some experts here on the Cabe that might know!!
Thanks!

IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Last edited:
I don't believe serial numbers on these are a lot of help. Mine is a 1907 which can be dated from the model badge (Model 120). The serial # on mine is A156. Hopefully one of the Racycle experts will weigh in and maybe things like the articulated BB area tell to dating it. That fork is awesome! V/r Shawn

Thanks!
Hopefully that Miami / Iver fork was the right choice for this frame and could have possibly been ordered as an option around that time........
I am going to see whats left of any original paint also, under the repaint paint and primer. I prefer an original patina on my bikes.

Last edited:
That is a Racycle fork. They patented and manufactured that fork. It is correct for your Pacemaker. If you can show a better picture of the engraving on the cushion, I may be able to get it really close to when it was made, also, there are three locations on the frame where a number was stamped, near the top of the cushion pivot on the main frame, on the bridge below the cushion and on the left rear dropout..... do they match and what are they,?

Last edited:
Wcben,

I looked for numbers in those areas you stated, but couldn't find any. Maybe they're under the paint and heavy primer. I've also notice filled in holes under the paint, at the top of the head tube, just under the bearing cup. There must have been a model number plate at one time. The holes for the head badge were filled in at one time also. ( no badge ) when I got this frame....
Sadly, years ago I had a friend replace the battered and bent seat tube ( great job ) , but he took it upon himself to heavily prime the top tube and down tube also ( not necessary ) and ~ :( ~ lightly sand away the original nickle plating on the cushion, obscuring the " Double Flexible " on both sides, etc........

The information on the cushion is > Double Flexible - Cushion frame - Hygienic Wheel Co. - Owners - Patented - July 21-96, March 9-97, Feb 24-03, Aug 4-03 - USA

Luckily he was a friend!!;)

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Back