When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For someone like me that rides beat old roadsters, it seems like a trivial matter, but to the folks that pay a lot of money for these high end bikes, it's a big deal. To make matters worse, those Shuresta stands have flat top plates with a non slip waffle pattern cast in. I'd bet my morning coffee things are ugly under there. Nobody would keep a stand on this bike, so the squashed stays would be very noticeable. In fact, the first thing lovers of this type bike would say when seeing it would be ...Nice bike, too bad about the chain stays.
edit. Sorry got the name wrong google Shuresta kick stand

way cool, bro.
Here's the best Pletscher rig, and I gorilla glue closed-cell foam to the bottom plate (cropped from a larger photo)
a0P5280016.jpg

they call it deluxe top plate http://www.thorusa.com/accessories/pletscher.htm

Last edited:
I would not be too discouraged by the stand. The flat jaw ones tend to crunch the stays. I would not be afraid to leave it, if functioning, and just ride with the stand. It is part of the bike's history at this point anyway. Use it as a bargaining point for a lower price as needed though.

I am not worried about that kick stand now.
I am worried if the guy will be back to me with pictures and an asking price. :)
Thanks for your replies. Anything noticed, good or bad, helps.

here is an enhanced photo
Raleigh%20Clubman.jpg

the fork paint is dinged in all the usual places
typical of Raleigh paint, much of it has evaporated.
The frame and fork look sound,
Looks like a bare steel spot in front of the chainstay sock - he may have been sanding there for some reason
Raleigh%20Clubman2.jpg

Raleigh%20Clubman1.jpg
Raleigh%20Clubman3.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to buy a Rudge Pathfinder GP of similar age and condition, but with Benelux RD, with asking price of $200 and talked with the seller about shipping.
We swapped a couple of phone calls, then never heard back, so I'm sure he sold it locally.

36506476.46c62677.640.jpg

the blue color of the Clubman is great, but it needs repainting, anyway

Last edited:
I had the possibility to buy a Rudge Mustang one month ago for 150. Probably l was able to take it for 100.
But i didn't know anything about these bikes and when l saw that it is a 3 speed hub on it, l thought it was a replacement. Now i know it was original. Maybe I will find the pictures

Last edited:
Back