When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Schwinn Tornado Tire

-

Pantmaker

I live for the CABE
My beloved 1955 Corvette still has the original WW Tornado tires. Unfortunately, the rear tire has been shredded since I got the bike. I figured my chances of finding a replacement would involve cold days in Hell and flying pigs. Well... look what I freakin' found.
0130161941a_HDR.jpg
0130161940.jpg

Ha! It is still supple. After finding this beauty I don't want to push my luck but I would love to find a nice Schwinn Monsoon for the rear end of my ballooner Jag. LoL

That was original? Looks a lot like the Superior ww's used in the mid - late 60s. I bought a '67 ladies' back in the 80s for the tires & rims. The rear blew (in the middle of the night, behind the couch, in my apartment!) in '96.

That was original? Looks a lot like the Superior ww's used in the mid - late 60s. I bought a '67 ladies' back in the 80s for the tires & rims. The rear blew (in the middle of the night, behind the couch, in my apartment!) in '96.
Yes original. Hard to believe...still can't bring myself to put it on the bike. I'm a complete idiot.

Back