When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Or Repop?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
My new acquisition Frankenstein bike has several incorrect and repop parts on it that are easy for me to tell but because there are so many repop parts now I would like to know if the following two items are real or not.

First is a Persons seat,,looks original but you never know.

xx1_zpslfywt4ly.jpg

xx2_zpsomjjgrwk.jpg

xx3_zps3fjykqmi.jpg

xx4_zps12qprxqx.jpg

Also with the seat is there anyway or product that can minimize the scarring?

Next is a ding dong two tone bell, is it a real Schwinn item?

bell_zpstwd0q0zh.jpg

I'm guessing it may look very similar or maybe even the same as posted. Maybe one of the local Schwinn experts will chime in. You may also want to start your own thread. V/r Shawn

Yes, I have one of those seats in my shed- reproduction. But it is a nice reproduction, and it's a good choice if you plan on riding a lot (instead of wearing out an original).

Persons re introduced those seats for the 86 Columbia re-issue (better top, crash rail, chrome tag), they started putting the strengthening ribs in the frame after standard model sold on the 1980 Schwinn Cruiser, (1 yr), and the kid (and men) were jumping and bending them (they wet back to the cheaper Messenger), always see people swearing their seat is 50's and has those ribs. Don't think they ever stopped making the standard model at least thru the 80's.

Last edited:
Back